1. The Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (2012) RM55.50.
because you only need to sample one of his book and you're hooked for life.
2. Swimming Home by Deborah Levy (2011) RM37.50
because i'm a sucker for any book shortlisted for Man Booker Prize.
3. Man-eating Crocodiles of Borneo by James Ritchie (2002) RM25.00
because this year i'm aiming to read more shit like crocs.
4. The Meeting-Pool: A Tale of Borneo by Mervyn Skipper (1929, reprinted 2007) RM20.00
because the illustrations of this book contain typeface of the bygone era.
5. Animal Tales of Sabah by P.S. Shim (2002) RM15.00
because how can i resist a book that spell Kondih for Kondiu? (Brahminy kite)
6. World Within: A Borneo Story (1959, reprinted 2008) RM95.00
because the book looks important.
I'd be honest. book #3-#6 =impulse buy.
looking forward for quiet, long date with the books tomorrow. Selamat menyambut Mualidur Rasul. Happy Holiday people!