Sunday, October 10, 2010

sunny memories

plants on my windowsill
my weekend was sunny. went out with the GF to get her baking supplies. she's giddy with excitment to bake cupcakes. her report this morning of her sunday's attempt at cupcakes is all sunny.

the wildflowers (of plants on my windowsill) remind me of childhood. of times (seems like yesterday.. mmmm..), me gathered the same wildflowers and bunga rumput malaysia, and put those in a vase of pot sardin king cup. i remember being happy and satiated. watching it wilted and rush to gather some more. sunday morning was my favourite, because i got morning off daily chores and put flowers on my favourite pet's grave. (the whole of our backyard is a graveyard). that considering, a shortlived tadpoles got a proper burials. no wonder mom's vegetables flourish with no aid of chemical fertilizer.

i am reading To The Hilt by Dick Francis. if i really can do whatever i want, wherever. will i do what i'm doing now, here?. or should i rather do something else, somewhere? what is it that i really want in life? is this the kind of life i want to live?

maybe a simple life on a mountainside will do. and i'll put that on hold for a few more years to let fate shows me the way around. so God, steer.

7 comments:

jenkays said...

life is hard (itu sj mo cakap)!!

p/s i heart the pic..! almost made me cry...!entah maybe this heart is just giving up!

verification: dollat..!!

kukuanga said...

we are blessed! truly. to look back and indulged in memories.

keep on breathing mare.. life will get easier by hoping for november. and nooooooo.. kerispatih's song is not helping. try listening to christmas song instead. work like magic for me.

Dy said...

gee, boleh ka make baking project with ur GF that? :)

love this entry. I guess we all love it when one re-counts one's childhood. I almost can picture you putting flowers everywhere in the backyard, since everywhere is a grave of a fav!

Mountainside sounds swell. Just swell. Will I do what I'm doing for a vocation - big fat NO. Being here? Don't mind. But still, the grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side.

kukuanga said...

the GF is so into baking. ever since her aunties cakap dia pny marble cheese sedap. i'll tell the GF.

actually, i only have about 3 fav, a puppy, a chick and a grasshopper.

talk about someone's else turf kan? muahahaha..

ppong said...

I love the sun ray!

after crying on bolou the dog death, i stopped loving any pet. til now, encik kamal. He will be Lisa's blog title someday.

kukuanga said...

ih bolingkong, my puppy. no name chick and ih gontomou grasshopper. sy kasi tanam losun atas kuburan si bolingkong. what was i thinking!?

i have yet to love cat. not even encik Kamal.

jenkays said...

and to think that you all invited me for camping at our backyard!!! yikes!