Tuesday, November 23, 2010

some weekends are better than others

last weekend was certainly one of my best this year. Popong from Sibu, Jen from KL flew in Wednesday (Hari Raya Qurban) and friday night, Fread and Dawn came from KK. Saturday, we sunburned ourselves in Serikin.

The highlight of the weekend was Noel's Birthday party on saturday's night! too many good things to mention (and i dont have a picture to share). enough to say, from now on, i'm a converted baking enthusiast! O i so love the moist carrot cake (and i never ate anything sweet with cinnamon).Dy, your carrot cake was the only exception.

and the plan for 10 days DownUnder?! guys, i AM in.

kaibigan, kasi up stamina okey? mesti berjalan dengan sangat bersemangat merayau-rayau di Wat itu..

when words failed to describe the outburst of feeling you felt when that boy ran to his grandpa and said "you bought everything for me?". and you knew part of his history. and looking at apu's, nenek's and mommy's faces (the struggles they may have been through). and realized, this is love. this is the feel of being loved.

7 comments:

jenkays said...

i cried..tp dgn macho went to wipe my tears with my camera strap...terus i wish i had a video camp..!

i need a cap for angkorwat..!and i need to lost my lemaks...supaya senang berjalan!!

kukuanga said...

carilah cap ko jen. oi.. kasi sms to me ur CIMB ac number. and can i e-mail 2 you my installment plan untuk plan kita berjalan yang extravaganza itu? nampaknya pokai bah pulak sy untuk bayar ko cash.

jenkays said...

email aja dong..!we shud start a duit kutu style lah for the caravaning supaya boleh membantu dlm perjalanan kita..! apa kata Rm100 satu bulan..!wat say you?

Dy said...

you just gotta make me cry eh?thanks heaps for being there... that big boy had the bestest fun. I asked him if he was happy. He smiled and kissed me - said "of course I am happy mummy. got VBS, got cake, got bbq, got many people come, got presents, got basketball".

Nanti I blog the recipe of the carrot cake ya :)

kukuanga said...

jen: yup, mesti mengkutukan. please e-mail to eberebadi concern of the payment methods. gwe udah utang lho ratus-ratus nih!

Dy: sob! sob! happy tears kan? wajib post that carrot cake. and i AM having cake everday now. dorang leave all those cakes to me.

Dy said...

Tetiba this terfikir (whilst writing up a post on the carrot cake)... thanks for giving the cinnamon cake a try! :) (paksa rela kena bagi cake of fork - you couldn't say no - sorry, didn't know u didnt eat anything cakey cinnamon!)

kukuanga said...

dy,
ya kan? glad you 'forced' me to have the carrot cake. i'm not a big fan of cinnamon. definitely will try your carrot cake recipe. bila mau buat post?