Thursday, February 19, 2009

Into my own

this is one of my favourite poetry by Frost. for the shear clarity and simplicity.

ONE of my wishes is that those dark trees,

So old and firm they scarcely show the breeze,

Were not, as ’twere, the merest mask of gloom,

But stretched away unto the edge of doom.

 

I should not be withheld but that some day

        5

Into their vastness I should steal away,

Fearless of ever finding open land,

Or highway where the slow wheel pours the sand.

 

I do not see why I should e’er turn back,

Or those should not set forth upon my track

        10

To overtake me, who should miss me here

And long to know if still I held them dear.

 

They would not find me changed from him they knew—

Only more sure of all I thought was true.


8 comments:

jenkays said...

aku cuba baca berulang-2 dari smlm lagi...masih juga aku belum paham cerita sebenar puisi ni..tp makin hari makin paham sikit-2 :P..terus aku membayangkan gambar-2 yang sesuai utk puisi ni...terus aku menjadi gila photo sekali lagi ...hahahaa... aish...ko buat aku gila lah hahahaha


word today is conicani...
Ko ni memang camni lah sama kawan hahahah

kukuanga said...

ko makin gila sama word verification! ahaks!

kesimpulan yg kurang emotional utk ni poetry: shud be read in our 50's... baru ada kick!(masa tu kununnya, kita boleh ckp: i've chosen my path, and i didnt regret a thing. i'm like a big old tree, unshakable by mere breeze. i will always be the same tree, the only change is my deeper conviction to what i believe----- nah... think about the root)

aku membuat poetry yg cntik jadi ordinary! aha!

jenkays said...

aku tenung..tenung skali lagi poem ini...terus aku berdiri statik...!! (tengah pikir lah ni)...it's no ordinary poem but because otak aku ordinary and belum lagi berbunga-2...hahaa...

and i LOVEEEEEEEE the word today BULUES...hahahaha hidup aku penuh bulues wakakakakak..happy working pare..!!

kukuanga said...

ko emang idup dlm bulues!

sah giler... ni pare..

jenkays said...

apasal ko asyik panggil aku gilers lah pare...aku ok bah...(ingat nada aku masa d karamunsing di bulan Dec)LOL...
i am just needing my dose of hu ha la pare...

word:Everse...
I am everse loving my frens hahaha

jenkays said...

can't help it i gotta tell you this...word verification sekarang MOKSLEOX...WHAT THE HECKSSSSSSS IS THAT!!!!!!!!!! hahahaa...macam terasa tersindir...aku tau lah aku gemoks hahahahaa

kukuanga said...

OMG... we're replying each other with the word verification... how weird is that!

jen.. we gotta stop this!

where can i get Dawn's MB account number arr??? i knew, it's somewhere in the e-mail, but i love shortcut. u happen to have hers? bulum bayar deposit lagi sama along.. (almaklumlah, today's a payday!)

idup ada ceria sikit...

jenkays said...

ini bukan along..ini ah meng hahaha..cepat kasi bayar lah..i sms u her acc.k..

ousglogg... hahahaa