Thursday, January 24, 2019

The Idea of No Buy Year

Confession time:
I discovered HERMO last year and i over indulged with extra buying from them, that throughout last year i almost get a parcel each week. I live in Kuching, where they only do free delivery for a purchase of RM150+, I bought a lot of mask sheets that i should be covered for the next two years. yes, i checked on the expiry date of my mask sheets. The splurge has been really get out of hands. 

The good side of being overindulgent for skincare last year has helped me to find the best match of skincare for my skin. I started a skincare routine that i actually enjoy doing. the hideous sun pigmentation on my upper cheeks has gradually faded, my large pores are less visible and overall skin tone has getting more even and the oiliness on my T-Zone has greatly reduce. There are a lot of skincare leftover in my stash, that i think i'll be good not buying any skincare products for the next 24 months. 

Recently, i also finally completed an expensive course. Yay! on the completion, but the cost for the course has dented my purse quite heavily. So, i need a game plan to get back to my feet. Thus, the idea of No Buy Year, 2019. 

Congrats dear all!

This year, i commit to a no buy year specifically for:

1. cosmetics and skincare, inclusive of toiletries
2. Homeware. (detergent, tissue, tools etc)
3. clothes (inclusive of shoes, handbags etc)
4. stationery supplies, inclusive of books.

Certain exceptions is expected to make this commitment bearable. 
1. I am allowed to replace things used up
2. I am allowed to buy local books. 

I am learning to do proper budget for monthly spending. I have just done for February, and i realize i actually have very little extra after paying the essentials. The only two financial targets for this year are to pay off my credit card debt and one of the two personal loans i am currently paying. Other than that, i have to finance: 
1. CNY balik kampung in February
2. Java Jazz Festival trip in March
2. Candat Sotong Trip in April
3. Kaamatan balik kampung end of May
4. Graduation trip in October
5. Birthday treat in December
6. Christmas balik kampung in December. 

2019 is sure have a lot of good things to look forward. I am excited to begin my first year of no buy. I'm hoping for a regular post on this topic for documentation and checking on self-discipline. 

No comments: